Governor McDonnell highlighted the great policy initiatives led by Republican members of the House in his first State of the Commonwealth Address:
- Caucus Chairman Sam Nixon‘s bill will grant an income tax exemption for qualified investments by technology and science startup businesses. HB 523.
- Delegate Terry Kilgore will help the Governor create an energy corridor in Southern and Southwest Virginia.
- Delegates Glenn Oder and Scott Lingamfelter have a bill, HB 42, to identify cost savings and establish performance metrics on congestion releif and mobility at VDOT.
- Delegate Rob Bell‘s bills will help protect victims of domestic violence by improving Virginia’s protective order process. HB 930, HB 931.
- Delegate Jackson Miller will help fight gangs by expanding Gang-Free School Zones into Gang-Free Zones, to better target gang activity wherever it occurs. HB 682.
Check out Speaker Howell’s comments on the Governor’s speech here.