Governor McDonnell traveled to the Center for Innovative Technology in Herndon today to sign key job creation and economic development bills, many of which were carried by Caucus members:
- Del. Sam Nixon’s HB 523, which provides capital gains tax relief for investments in science and biotech startups.
- Del. Jim LeMunyon’s HB 792, which makes relocating to Virginia easier for businesses by providing temporary licenses to employees in regulated professions who already hold the equivalent license in another state.
- Del. Joe May’s HB 677, which established biotech research performance grants to spur development in that field.
- Del. Barbara Comstock’s HB 1372, which enhances the Virginia Economic Development Partnerships stature in the business community.
- Del. Lacey Putney’s HB 1396, which expands the flexibility of the Governor’s Economic Development Opportunity Fund to attract major businesses to Virginia.
The Governor’s press release is available at his website.