Del. Mark Cole, chairman of the House Privileges and Elections Committee, announced six hearings to be held in September, October, and December by a Redistricting Subcommittee to gather public input for the redistricting process (see full press release here (PDF))—
- Roanoke—Wednesday, September 8, 7 pm, Natural Science Center, Virginia Western Community College, 3102 Colonial Avenue, Roanoke (Google Maps) (Campus Map, See Building N)
- Norfolk—Wednesday, September 22nd, 7 pm, Roper Performing Arts Center, Tidewater Community College, 340 Granby St (Google Maps) (Campus Map)
- Fairfax—Tuesday, October 5th, 7 pm, Mason Hall, 4400 University Dr, Fairfax (Google Maps) George Mason University (Campus Map)
- Danville—Monday, October 18th, 7 pm, Regional Center for Advanced Technology and Training, Danville Community College, 121 Slayton Ave, Danville (Google Maps) (Campus Map)
- Stafford—Monday, December 6th, 7 pm, University Hall, University of Mary Washington (Stafford Campus), 121 University Blvd, Fredericksburg (Google Maps)
- Richmond—Friday, December 17th, approximately 10 am, 9th Floor Appropriations Room, General Assembly
Building (time approximate, after Governor’s remarks to the money committees), 910 Capitol Square, Richmond (Google Maps)
In addition to Chairman Cole, Delegates Rob Bell, Chris Jones, and Jackson Miller serve on the subcommittee.
For more on the redistricting process, visit Legislative Services’ Redistricting Page.