On Friday, Governor Bob McDonnell introduced five pieces of legislation addressing various school safety issues. These are important steps we must take in Virginia to make our schools safer and communities stronger.
Here is a list of Governor McDonnell’s school safety legislation:
- HB 2343 School Security Infrastructure Improvement Fund and Local School Safety Fund; created.
- HB 2344 School safety; threat assessment teams and oversight committees.
- HB 2345 School Safety, Va. Center for; development of model critical incident response training program.
- HB 2346 Lock-down drills; every public school is required to have at least two practices per year, etc.
- HB 2347 Juvenile intake and petition information; threat assessment teams.